Fast & Deadly: WordPress Websites Need To be Mobile Friendly: An Advertiser’s Perspective
The core principles of a great user experience are Content, Design & Functionality, and Speed. Some people say that we are living in the golden age of user experience but far too often we are technically trudging behind in providing rich and useful experiences and we especially lag behind when it comes to mobile-friendly websites. In fact, 53% of people will abandon a mobile site if it takes more than three seconds to load. Speed is a developer’s problem, a designer’s problem, and also a marketer’s problem. This presentation provides global and Canadian-specific facts and figures about how we are failing people visiting our websites and also covers the ways we can be improving our WordPress websites.
- Understand that our websites are slow
- Understand that our websites are not mobile friendly
- Understand why these two things are problems
- How we can go about fixing our slow and mobile unfriendly websites
- The importance of all getting our WordPress websites to be mobile friendly and load quickly